Shiao-Wen Tsai Professor
Min-Hsien Wu Professor
Kin-Fong Lei Professor
Ching-Lung Tai Professor
Hsing-Ho Chen Professor
Hsiao-Lung Chan Professor
Jui-Yang Lai Professor
Jen-Fang Yu Associate Professor
Yen-Heng Lin Associate Professor
Po-Hsiang Tsui Professor
Meng-Tsan Tsai Associate Professor
Yi-Ping Chao Assistant Professor
Hsieh-Fu Tsai Assistant Professor
Shiao-Wen Tsai Professor
Biomaterials Lab :
The main interests are the interdisciplinary topics of nanostructure of biomaterials and cellular responses, with a focus on the exploiting and understanding of the influences of the nanostructures of biopolymers on behaviors of cells. Our lab also works on the gold nanoparticles-mediated hyperthermia for the application of non-invasion thermotherapy, particularly on understanding the mechanism of photo-thermal effects on cells responses.
- Development three-dimensional scaffolds for tissue engineering applications.
- Modification of chemical, physical and surface properties of biomaterials for biomedical applications.
- Development new type of hydrogels used as cell/drug carriers.
- Conjugation metal nanoparticles and biomaterials for biomedical application.
Journal paper 2018-2021
- S.Y. Cheng, Y.L. Chiang, Y.H. Chang, H. Thissen, S.W. Tsai, An aqueous-based process to bioactivate poly(ε-caprolactone)/mesoporous bioglass composite surfaces by prebiotic chemistry-inspired polymer coatings for biomedical applications, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces (2021).
- J.W. Liaw, C.Y. Kuo, S.W. Tsai, The Effect of Quasi-Spherical Gold Nanoparticles on Two-Photon Induced Reactive Oxygen Species for Cell Damage, Nanomaterials 11(5) (2021).
- S.W. Tsai, S.S. Huang, W.X. Yu, Y.W. Hsu, F.Y. Hsu, Collagen scaffolds containing hydroxyapatite-CaO fiber fragments for bone tissue engineering, Polymers 12(5) (2020).
- S.M. Wei, M.Y. Pei, W.L. Pan, H. Thissen, S.W. Tsai, Gelatin hydrogels reinforced by absorbable nanoparticles and fibrils cured in situ by visible light for tissue adhesive applications, Polymers 12(5) (2020).
- S.W. Tsai, W.X. Yu, P.A. Hwang, Y.W. Hsu, F.Y. Hsu. Fabrication and characteristics of PCL membranes containing strontium-substituted hydroxyapatite nanofibers for guided bone regeneration, Polymers 11(11) (2019).
- Y.C.Huang, K.F. Lei, J.W. Liaw, S.W. Tsai, The influence of laser intensity activated plasmonic gold nanoparticle-generated photothermal effects on cellular morphology and viability: a real-time, long-term tracking and monitoring system. Photochemical & photobiological sciences. DOI 10.1039/C9PP00054B. (2019).
- S.W. Tsai, Y.L. Yu, F.Y. Hsu, Fabrication of polycaprolactone tubular scaffolds with an orthogonal-bilayer structure for smooth muscle cells. Materials science & engineering. C, Materials for biological applications 100 (2019) 308-314.
- S.W. Tsai, W.X. Yu, P.A. Hwang, S.S. Huang, H.M. Lin, Y.W. Hsu, F.Y. Hsu, Fabrication and Characterization of Strontium-Substituted Hydroxyapatite-CaO-CaCO3 Nanofibers with a Mesoporous Structure as Drug Delivery Carriers, Pharmaceutics 10(4) (2018) 179.
- S.W. Tsai, S.S. Huang, W.X. Yu, Y.W. Hsu, F.Y. Hsu, Fabrication and characteristics of porous hydroxyapatite-CaO composite nanofibers for biomedical applications, Nanomaterials 8(8) (2018).
- W.T. Ma, S.R. Kumar, C.T. Hsu, C.M. Shih, S.W. Tsai, C.C. Yang, Y.L. Liu, S.J. Lue, Magnetic field-assisted alignment of graphene oxide nanosheets in a polymer matrix to enhance ionic conduction, Journal of Membrane Science 563 (2018) 259-269.
- F.Y. Hsu, H.W. Hsu, Y.H. Chang, J.L. Yu, L.R. Rau, S.W. Tsai, Macroporous microbeads containing apatite-modified mesoporous bioactive glass nanofibres for bone tissue engineering applications, Materials Science and Engineering C 89 (2018) 346-354.
Min-Hsien Wu Professor
Tissue Engineering & Microfluidic Biochip Lab :
- Development of microfluidic systems for biomedical research.
- Point-of-care (POC)-based in-vitro diagnosis.
- Circulating tumor cells (CTCs).
Journal paper 2018-2021
- Wang, H. Y., Chung, C. R., Chen, C. J., Lu, K. P., Tseng, Y. J., Chang, T. H., Wu, M. H., Huang, W. T., Lin, T. W., Liu, T. P., Lee, T. Y., Horng, J. T., Lu, J. J. (2021, Nov.) "Clinically Applicable System for Rapidly Predicting Enterococcus Susceptibility to Vancomycin," Microbiology Spectrum, 9 (SCI, IF: 7.171, 18/136: MICROBIOLOGY)
- Lin, C. R., Wang, H. Y., Lin, T. W., Li, J. J., Hsieh, J. C. H., Wu, M. H.* (2021, Mar.) "Development of a two-step nucleic acid amplification test for accurate diagnosis of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex," Scientific Reports, 11 (SCI, IF: 4.380, 17/72: MULTIDISCIPLINARY SCIENCES)
- Chiu, S. Y. H., Hsieh, C. H., You, J. F., Chu, P. Y., Hung, H. Y., Chu, P. H., Wu, M. H.* (2021, May.) "Enhancing Prediction Performance by Add-On Combining Circulating Tumor Cell Count, CD45neg EpCAMneg Cell Count on Colorectal Cancer, Advance, and Metastasis," Cancers, 13 (SCI, IF: 6.639, 51/242: ONCOLOGY)
- Peng, H. Y., Yang, C. M., Chen, Y. P., Liu, H. L., Chen, T. C., Pijanowska, D. G., Chu, P. Y., Hsieh, C. H., Wu, M. H. (2021, April.) "An integrated actuating and sensing system for light-addressable potentiometric sensor (LAPS) and light-actuated AC electroosmosis (LACE) operation," Biomicrofluidics, 15 (SCI, IF: 2.8, 78/106: NANOSCIENCE & NANOTECHNOLOGY)
- Hsieh, J. C. H., Chiang, P. C., Hung, T. M., Chao, Y. K., Kuo, Y. C., Wen, C. T., Su, P. J., Peng, M. T., Chen, H. W., Liu, H. L., Chang, H. K.*, Wu, M. H.*, Wang, H. M.*(2021, Oct.) "Definitive concurrent chemoradiotherapy with paclitaxel plus carboplatin is superior to cisplatin plus 5-fluorouracil in patients with inoperable esophageal squamous cell carcinoma using retrospective, real-world evidence," Cancer Medicine (SCI, IF: 4.452, 108/242: ONCOLOGY)
- Chang, P. H., Wang, H. M., Kuo, Y. C., Lee, L. Y., Liao, C. J., Kuo, H. C, Hsu, C. L., Liao, C. T., Lin, S. H. C., Huang, P. W., Wu, M. H.*, Hsieh, C. H.* (2021, Nov.) "Circulating p16-Positive and p16-Negative Tumor Cells Serve as Independent Prognostic Indicators of Survival in Patients with Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinomas," Journal of Personalized Medicine (SCI, IF: 4.945, 15/107: HEALTH CARE SCIENCES & SERVICES)
- Chu, P. Y., Hsieh, C. H., Wu, M. H.* (2020, Aug.) "The Combination of Immunomagnetic Bead-based Cell Isolation and Optically Induced Dielectrophoresis (ODEP)-based Microfluidic Device for the Negative Selection-based Isolation of Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs)," Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, 8, Article number: 921. (SCI, IF: 3.644, 20/71: MULTIDISCIPLINARY SCIENCES)
- Wang, H. Y., Lin, T. W., Huang, S. B., Hsieh, C. H., Chen, H. C., Lu, J. J., Wu, M. H.* (2020, Aug.) "Novel Toilet Paper–Based Point-Of-Care Test for the Rapid Detection of Fecal Occult Blood: Instrument Validation Study," Journal of Medical Internet Research, 22(8), e20261. (SCI, IF: 5.034, 5/102: HEALTH CARE SCIENCES & SERVICES)
- Chu, P. Y., Hsieh, C. H., Lin, C. R., Wu, M. H.* (2020, Jun.) "The Effect of Optically Induced Dielectrophoresis (ODEP)-Based Cell Manipulation in a Microfluidic System on the Properties of Biological Cells," Biosensors, 10(6), 65. (SCI, IF: 3.24, 24/86: CHEMISTRY, ANALYTICAL)
- Wang, H. Y., Chen, C. H., Shi, S., Chung, C. R., Wen, Y. H., Wu, M. H., Lebowitz, M. S., Zhou, J.*, Lu, J. J.* (2020, Jun.) "Improving Multi-Tumor Biomarker Health Check-up Tests with Machine Learning Algorithms," Cancers, 12(6), 1442. (SCI, IF: 6.126, 37/244: ONCOLOGY)
- Wang, H. Y., Chen, C. Y., Chu, P. Y., Zhu, Y. X., Hsieh, C. H., Lu, J. J.*, Wu, M. H.* (2020, Mar.) "Application of an Optically Induced Dielectrophoresis (ODEP)-based Microfluidic System for the Detection and Isolation of Bacteria with Heterogeneity of Antibiotic Susceptibility," Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 307, 127540. (SCI, IF:7.1, 2/64: INSTRUMENTS & INSTRUMENTATION)
- Wang, Y. C., Grewal, S. S., Goyal, A., Alvi, M. A., Worrell, G. A., Brinkmann, B., Wong-Kisiel, L., Britton, J., Marsh, W. R., Burkholder, D., Payne E., Shin, C., Cascino, G., Lundstrom, B. N., Wu, M. H., Van Gompelf, J. J.* (2020, Feb.) "Comparison of Narcotic Pain Control between Stereotactic Electrocorticography and Subdural Grid Implantation," Epilepsy & Behavior, 130(A), 106843. (SCI, IF: 2.508, 108/204: CLINICAL NEUROLOGY)
- Wang, Y. C., Kremen, V., Brinkmann, B. H., Middlebrooks, E. H., Lundstrom, B. N., Grewal, S. S., Guragain, H., Wu, M. H., Gompel, J. V., Klassen, B. T., Stead, M.*, Worrell, G. A.* (2020, Jan.) "Probing Circuit of Papez with Stimulation of Anterior Nucleus of the Thalamus and Hippocampal Evoked Potentials," Epilepsy Research, 159, 106248. (SCI, IF: 2.208, 128/204: CLINICAL NEUROLOGY)
- Hsieh, C. H., Chen, G. Y., Chou, W. C., Jhou, D. D., Yeh, C. N., Hwang, T. L., Yen, T. C., Lin, H. C., Chu, H. C., Wang, H. M., Chen, J. S.*, Wu, M. H.* (2019, Dec.) "The Prognostic Value of Circulating Tumor Cells in Asian Neuroendocrine Tumors," Scientific Reports, 9, article number: 19917. (SCI, IF: 3.998, 17/71: MULTIDISCIPLINARY SCIENCES)
- Hong, J. L., Yang, C. M., Chu, P. Y., Chou, W. P., Liao, C. J., Hsieh, C. H., Wu, M. H.* (Co-corresponding author), Chen, P. H.** (2019, Oct.) “The Effect of Operating Conditions on the Optically Induced Electrokinetic (OEK)-based Manipulation of Magnetic Microbeads in a Microfluidic System,” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 296, 126610. (SCI, IF:7.1, 2/64: INSTRUMENTS & INSTRUMENTATION)
- Wang, H. M., Wu, M. H. (Equal Contribution), Chang, P. H. (Equal Contribution), Lin, H. C., Liao, C. D., Wu, S. M. Hung, T. M., Lin, C. Y., Chang, T. C., Yen, T. T., Hsieh C. H.* (2019, Aug.) “The Change in Circulating Tumor Cells Before and During Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy is Associated with Survival in Patients with Locally Advanced Head and Neck Cancer,” Head Neck-J Sci Spec., 41, 2676-2687. (SCI, IF: 2.538, 9/42: OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY)
- Tseng, Y. J., Huang, C. E., Wen, C. N., Lai, P. Y., Wu, M. H., Sun, Y. C., Wang, H. Y.*, Lu, J. J.* (2019, Aug.) “Predicting Breast Cancer Metastasis by Using Serum Biomarkers and Clinicopathological Data with Machine Learning Technologies,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, 128, 79-86. (SCI, IF:3.025, 26/102: HEALTH CARE SCIENCES & SERVICES)
- Wang, Y. C., Grewal, S. S., Middlebrooks, E. H., Worrell, G. A., Stead, M., Lundstrom, B. N., Britton, J. W., Wu, M. H., Van Gompelf, J. J.* (2019, Jul.) “Targeting Analysis of a Novel Parietal Approach for deep brain stimulation of the Anterior Nucleus of the Thalamus for Epilepsy,” Epilepsy Research, 153, 1-6. (SCI, IF: 2.208, 128/204: CLINICAL NEUROLOGY)
- Liao, C. J., Hsieh, C. H., Hung, F. C., Wang, H. M., Chou, W. P., Wu, M. H.* (2019, Jun.) “The Integration of a Three-Dimensional Spheroid Cell Culture Operation in a Circulating Tumor Cell (CTC) Isolation and Purification Process: A Preliminary Study of the Clinical Significance and Prognostic Role of the CTCs Isolated from the Blood Samples of Head and Neck Cancer Patients,” Cancers, 11(6), 783. (SCI, IF: 6.126, 37/244: ONCOLOGY)
- Wang, Y. C., Lee, C. C., Takami, H., Shen, S., Chen, K. T., Wei, K. C., Wu, M. H., Worrell, G. A.*, Chen, P. Y.* (2019, May.) “Awake Craniotomies for Epileptic Gliomas: Intraoperative and Postoperative Seizure Control and Prognostic Factors,” Journal of Neuro-Oncology, 142(3), 577-586. (SCI, IF:3.267, 69/204: CLINICAL NEUROLOGY)
- Chang, P. H., Wu, M. H. (Equal Contribution), Liu, S. Y., Wang, H. M., Huang, W. K., Liao, C. D., Yen, T. C., Ng, S. H., Chen, J. S., Lin, Y. C., Lin, H. C., Hsieh, C. H.* (2019, Apr.) “The Prognostic Roles of Pretreatment Circulating Tumor Cells, Circulating Cancer Stem-Like Cells, and Programmed Cell Death-1 Expression on Peripheral Lymphocytes in Patients with Initially Unresectable, Recurrent or Metastatic Head and Neck Cancer,” Cancers, 11(4), E540. (SCI, IF: 6.126, 37/244: ONCOLOGY)
- Chu, P. Y., Liao, C. J., Hsieh, C. H., Wang, H. M., Chou, W. P., Chen, P. H.*, Wu, M. H.** (2019, Mar.) “Utilization of Optically Induced Dielectrophoresis in a Microfluidic System for Sorting and Isolation of Cells with Varied Degree of Viability: Demonstration of the Sorting and Isolation of Drug-treated Cancer Cells with Various Degrees of Anti-cancer Drug Resistance Gene Expression,” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 283, 621-631. (SCI, IF:7.1, 2/64: INSTRUMENTS & INSTRUMENTATION)
- Wang, H. Y., Lu, J. J., Chang, C. Y., Chou, W. P., Hsieh, C. H., Lin, C. R.*, Wu, M. H.** (2019, Jan.) “Development of a High Sensitivity TaqMan-based PCR assay for the Specific Detection of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Complex in both Pulmonary and Extrapulmonary Specimens,” Scientific Reports, 9, article number:113. (SCI, IF: 3.998, 17/71: MULTIDISCIPLINARY SCIENCES) (one of the top 100 downloaded microbiology papers for Scientific Reports in 2019)
- Chu, P. Y., Liao, C. J., Wang, H. M., Wu, M. H.* (2018, Nov.) “The Influence of Electric Parameters on the Manipulation of Biological Cells in a Microfluidic System Using Optically Induced Dielectrophoresis,” International Journal of Electrochemical Science, 14, 905-918. (SCI, IF: 1.573, 22/27: ELECTROCHEMISTRY)
- Liao, C. J., Hsieh, C. H., Chiu, T. K., Zhu, Y. X., Wang, H. M., Hung, F. C., Chou, W. P., Wu, M. H.* (2018, Oct.) “An Optically Induced Dielectrophoresis (ODEP)-based Microfluidic System for the Isolation of High-purity CD45-neg/EpCAM-neg Cells from the Blood Samples of Cancer Patients-Demonstration and Initial Exploration of the Clinical Significance of these Cells,” Micromachines, 9(11), 563. (SCI, IF: 2.523, 23/64: INSTRUMENTS & INSTRUMENTATION)
- Chang, C. C., Wang, K., Zhang, Y., Chen, D., Fan, B., Hsieh, C. H., Wang, J., Wu, M. H.*(Co-corresponding author), Chen, J.* (2018, Jul.) “Mechanical Property Characterization of Hundreds of Single Nuclei Based on Microfluidic Constriction Channel,” Cytometry: Part A., 93A(8), 822-828. (SCI, IF: 3.124, 25/77: BIOCHEMICAL RESEARCH METHODS)
- Chou, P. S., Ho, B. L., Chan, Y. H., Wu, M. H., Hu, H. H., Chao, A. C.* (2018, Jun.) “Delayed Diagnosis of Atrial Fibrillation after First-ever Stroke Increases Recurrent Stroke Risk: A 5-year Nationwide Follow-up Study,” Internal Medicine Journal, 48(6), 661-667. (SCI, IF: 1.677, 86/165: MEDICINE, GENERAL & INTERNAL)
- Chiu, T. K., Chao, A. C., Chou, W. P., Liao, C. J., Wang, H. M., Chang, J. H., Chen, P. H.*, Wu, M. H.** (2018, Apr.) “Optically-induced-dielectrophoresis (ODEP)-based Cell Manipulation in a Microfluidic System for High-purity Isolation of Integral Circulating Tumor Cell (CTC) Clusters based on their Size Characteristics,” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 258, 1161–1173. (SCI, IF: 7.1, 2/64: INSTRUMENTS & INSTRUMENTATION)
- Chou, W. C., Wu, M. H.(Equal contribution), Chang, P. H., Hsu, H. C., Chang, G. J., Huang, W. K., Wu, C. E., Hsieh, C. H.* (2018, Jan.) “A Prognostic Model Based on Circulating Tumour Cells is Useful for Identifying the Poorest Survival Outcome in Patients with Metastatic Colorectal Cancer,” International Journal of Biological Sciences, 14(2), 137-146. (SCI, IF: 4.858, 65/297: BIOCHEMISTRY & MOLECULAR BIOLOGY)
Kin-Fong Lei Professor
Bio-MEMS Laboratory :
The mission of the Bio-MEMS Laboratory is to develop Micro-ElectroMechanical Systems (MEMS) for bio-medical applications. We highlight the spirit of innovation and high quality up-stream research. Currently, we focus on four research topics:
- Impedimetric monitoring of biological substances, i.e., cell, DNA, and protein, in microfluidic systems
- Paper-based microfluidics for cell-based assays
- Inhibition of cancer proliferation under electrical stimulation
- Investigation of cancer cellular response in bio-physical environment
- Chia-Hao Huang, Kowit-Yu Chong, Kin Fong Lei*, “Analysis of the Internal Hypoxic Environment in Solid Tumor Tissue Using a Folding Paper System”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces. 13, 33885-33889, 2021.
- Yen-Ching Yang, Qian-Hui Hong, Kin Fong Lei*, Alvin Chao-Yu Chen, “The Novel Membrane-Type Micro-system to Assess the Bonus Effect of Physiological and Physical Stimuli on Bone Regeneration”, Biochip Journal. 15, 243-251, 2021.
- Kin Fong Lei*, Qing-En Chen, Andrew Goh, Ping Ching Pai*, “Analysis of a Cancer Stem Cell-Derived Single Colony Raised in a Microwell Array”, ACS Appl. Bio Mater. 4. 5099-5105, 2021.
- Yuanyu Yu, Jiujiang Wang*, Xin Liu, Sio H. Pun, Weibao Qiu, Shuang Zhang, Ching H. Cheng, Kin F. Lei, Mang I. Vai, Peng U. Mak, “Design and Experiment of Capacitive Micromachined Ultrasonic Transducer Array for High-frequency Underwater Imaging”, Recent Advances in Electrical & Electronic Engineering. 14. 233-240, 2021.
- Chih-Hao Chiu*, Poyu Chen, Alvin Chao-Yu Chen, Yi-Sheng Chan, Kuo-Yao Hsu, Kin Fong Lei*, “Time-Dependent Cytokine-Release of Platelet-Rich Plasma in 3-Chamber Co-Culture Device and Conventional Culture Well”, Applied Sciences. 11. 6947, 2021.
- Kin Fong Lei*, Yu-Chen Ho, Chia-Hao Huang, Chun-Hao Huang, Ping Ching Pai, “Characterization of Stem Cell-like Property in Cancer Cells based on Single-cell Impedance Measurement in a Microfluidic Platform”, Talanta, 229:122259, 2021.
- Chih-Hao Chu, Yun-Wen Tong, Jen-Fang Yu, Kin Fong Lei*, Alvin Chao-Yu Chen, “Osteogenesis and Chondrogenesis of Primary Rabbit Periosteal Cells under Non-uniform 2-axial Tensile Strain”, BioChip Journal, 14:438-446, 2020.
- Kin Fong Lei*, “A Review on Microdevices for Isolating Circulating Tumor Cells”, Micromachines, 11:531, 2020.
- Chun-Hao Huang, Kin Fong Lei*, “Impedimetric Quantification of Migration Speed of Cancer Cells Migrating along a Matrigel-filled Microchannel”, Analytica Chimica Acta, 1121:67-73, 2020.
- Andrew Goh, Chun-Chih Yeh, Kin Fong Lei*, “Visualization and Quantification of 3D Tumor Cell Migration under Extracellular Stimulation”, ACS Applied Bio Materials, 3:1506-1513, 2020.
- Yuanyu Yu, Jiujiang Wang, Xin Liu, Sio Hang Pun, Shuang Zhang, Ching-Hsing Cheng, Kin Fong Lei, Mang I Vai, Peng Un Mak, “Experimental Characterization of an Embossed Capacitive Micromachined Ultrasonic Transducer Cell”, Micromachines, 11:217, 2020.
- Meng-Tsan Tsai, Bo-Huei Huang, Kin Fong Lei*, “Quantitative Monitoring of the Response of Tumor Spheroids Cultured in 3D Environment by Optical Coherence Tomography”, IEEE Access, 8:28360-28366, 2020.
- Chih-Hao Chiu, Poyu Chen, Alvin Chao-Yu Chen*, Yi-Sheng Chan, Kuo-Yao Hsu, Rei Higashikawa, Kin Fong Lei*, “The Susceptibility of Tenocytes from Different Ages of Donors Towards Dexamethasone and Ascorbic Acid can be Screened in a Microfluidic Platform”, Applied Sciences, 9:4765, 2019.
- Kin Fong Lei*, Wun-Wu Ji, Andrew Goh, Chun-Hao Huang, Ming-Yih Lee*, “Investigation of Uniform Sized Multicellular Spheroids Raised by Microwell Arrays after the Combined Treatment of Electric Field and Anti-cancer Drug”, Biomedical Microdevices, 21:94, 2019.
- Kin Fong Lei*, Andrew Goh, Chun-Hao Huang, “Paper/polymer Composited Microfluidic Platform for Screening Cell Viability and Protein Expression under a Chemical Gradient Environment”, Talanta, 205:120124, 2019.
- Kuan-Hung Chen, Ngan-Ming Tsang, Wen-chi Chou, Shiao Fwu Tai, Shu-Chen Liu, Kin Fong Lei, Kai-Ping Chang, Wen-Ching Chuang, Ping-Ching Pai*, “Prognostic Significance of Pretreatment Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte Ratio in Older Patients with Metastatic Cancer”, Journal of Geriatric Oncology, 10:757-762, 2019.
- Chih-Hao Chiu, Kin Fong Lei, Yi-Sheng Chan, Steve W.N. Ueng, Alvin Chao-Yu Chen*, “Real-time Detection of Antibiotics Cytotoxicity in Rabbit Periosteal Cells using Microfluidic Devices with Comparison to Conventional Culture Assays”, BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, 20:339, 2019.
- Chih-Hao Chiu, Poyu Chen, Wen-Ling Yeh*, Alvin Chao-Yu Chen,Yi-Sheng Chan, Kuo-Yao Hsu, Kin Fong Lei, “The Gelling Effect of Platelet-rich Fibrin Matrix when Exposed to Human Tenocytes from the Rotator Cuff in Small-diameter Culture Wells and the Design of a Co-culture Device to Overcome this Phenomenon”, Bone and Joint Research, 8:216-223, 2019.
- Yu-Chieh Huang, Kin Fong Lei, Jiunn-Woei Liaw, Shiao-Wen Tsai*, “The Influence of Laser Intensity Activated Plasmonic Gold Nanoparticle-generated Photothermal Effects on Cellular Morphology and Viability: a Real-time, Long-term Tracking and Monitoring System”, Photochemical & Photobiological Science, 18:1419-1429, 2019.
- Chun-Hao Huang, Kin Fong Lei*, Ngan-Ming Tsang, “Apoptosis and Cell Cycle Arrest of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Spheroids Treated by an Alternating Electric Field”, Biotechnology Progress, 35:e2787, 2019.
- Chih-Hao Chiu, Poyu Chen, Alvin Chao-Yu Chen*, Yi-Sheng Chan, Kuo-Yao Hsu, Higashikawa Rei, Kin Fong Lei*, “Real-time Monitoring of Ascorbic Acid-Mediated Reduction of Cytotoxic Effects of Analgesics and NSAIDs on Tenocytes Proliferation”, Dose-Response, 2019:1-9, 2019.
- Meng-Tsan Tsai, Bo-Huei Huang, Chun-Chih Yeh, Kin Fong Lei*, Ngan-Ming Tsang*, “Non-invasive Quantification of the Growth of Cancer Cell Colonies by a Portable Optical Coherence Tomography”, Micromachines, 10:35, 2019.
- Kin Fong Lei*, Shao-Chieh Hsieh, Andrew Goh, Rei-Lin Kuo, Ngan-Ming Tsang*, “Proliferation Arrest, Selectivity, and Chemosensitivity Enhancement of Cancer Cells Treated by a Low-intensity Alternating Electric Field”, Biomedical Microdevices, 20:90, 2018.
- Chun-Hao Huang, Kin Fong Lei*, Ngan-Ming Tsang*, “Dissociated Effect and Chemosensitive Enhancement of Tumor Spheroids Influenced by an Electric Field in a Microdevice”, Biomedical Microdevices, 20:70, 2018.
- Chih-Hao Chiu, Yun-Wen Tong, Wen-Ling Yeh, Kin Fong Lei*, Alvin Chao-Yu Chen*, “Self-Renewal and Differentiation of Adipose-Derived Stem Cells (ADSCs) Stimulated by Multi-Axial Tensile Strain in a Pneumatic Microdevice”, Micromachines, 9:607, 2018.
- Chih-Hao Chiu, Rei Higashikawa, Wen-Ling Yeh, Kin Fong Lei*, Alvin Chao-Yu Chen*, “Investigation of Growth Factor and Tenocyte Proliferation Induced by Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) in a 3-chamber Co-culture Device”, Micromachines, 9:446, 2018.
- Kin Fong Lei*, Shao-Chieh Hsieh, Rei-Lin Kuo, Ngan-Ming Tsang*, “Co-culturing Cancer Cells and Normal Cells in a Biochip under Electrical Stimulation”, BioChip Journal, 12:202-207, 2018.
- Yung-Chiang Liu, I-Chi Lee*, Kin Fong Lei*, “Toward the Development of an Artificial Brain on a Micropatterned and Material-regulated Biochip by Guiding and Promoting the Differentiation and Neurite Outgrowth of Neural Stem/Progenitor Cells”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 10:5269-5277, 2018.
- Sio Hang Pun, Yuanyu Yu*, Jian Zhang, Jiujiang Wang, Ching-Hsiang Cheng, Kin Fong Lei, Yuan Zhen*, Peng Un Mak, “Monolithic Multi-band CMUTs for Photoacoustic Computed Tomography (PACT) with in vivo Biological Tissue Imaging”, IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, 65:465-475, 2018.
- Ping Ching Pai, Chi-Cheng Chuang, Wen Ching Chuang, Ngan Ming Tsang*, Chen-Kan Tsang, Kuan Hung Chen, Chien-Yu Lin, TC Yen, Kai-Ping Chang, Kin Fong Lei, “Pre-treatment Subcutaneous Adipose Tissue Predicts the Outcomes of Patients with Head and Neck Cancer Receiving Definitive Radiation and Chemoradiation in Taiwan”, Cancer Medicine, 7:1630-1641, 2018.
- Kin Fong Lei*, Tai-Kun Liu, Ngan-Ming Tsang, “Towards a High Throughput Impedimetric Screening of Chemosensitivity of Cancer Cells Suspended in Hydrogel and Cultured in a Paper Substrate”, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 100:355-360, 2018.
Ching-Lung Tai Professor
Biomechanical Lab :
The Biomechanics laboratory, hosted by Professor Ching-Lung Tai, was established in 2006. The main research work specializes in orthopedic biomechanics, particularly on spine biomechanics and hip biomechanics. We also works on the development of orthopedic devices for treatment of musculoskeletal disorders. Our ultimate goal is to integrate insights from our experimental and computational work in the development of effective strategies aimed at treatment of musculoskeletal disorders.
Perforated pedicle screw, Expansive pedicle screw, Dual-threaded pedicle screw.
Total hip replacement, Hip resurfacing, Actabulum reinforcement device (ARD).
Development of orthopedic devices
Expandable vertebral augment (EVA), Locking ARD system.
Screw pullout, Strain measurement, Fatigue test, Creep test, Spinal motion.
Finite Element Method
Automatic mesh generation, Contact stress analysis.
- Ming-Kai Hsieh, Yun-Da Li, Mu-Yi Liu, Chen-Xue Lin, Tsung-Ting Tsai, Po-Liang Lai, Ching-Lung Tai*, “Biomechanical Comparison of Fixation Stability among Various Pedicle Screw Geometries: Effects of Screw Outer/Inner Projection Shape and Thread Profile”, Applied Sciences, 11(21), 9901, 2021.
- Ming-Kai Hsieh, Mu-Yi Liu, Tsung-Ting Tsai, Po-Liang Lai*, Ching-Lung Tai*, “Biomechanical Comparison of Different Numbers and Configurations of Cross-Links in Long-Segment Spinal Fixation—An Experimental Study in a Porcine Model”, Global Spine Journal, 2021.
- Ming-Kai Hsieh, Mu-Yi Liu, Jin-Kai Chen, Tsung-Ting Tsai, Po-Liang Lai, Chi-Chien Niu, Ching-Lung Tai*, “Use of longer sized screws is a salvage method for broken pedicles in osteoporotic vertebrae”, Scientific Reports, 10, 10441, 2020.
- Mu-Yi Liu, Tsung-Ting Tsai, Po-Liang Lai, Ming-Kai Hsieh, Lih-Huei Chen*, Ching-Lung Tai*, “Biomechanical comparison of pedicle screw fixation strength in synthetic bones: Effects of screw shape, core/thread profile and cement augmentation”, PLoS ONE, 15, e0229328, 2020.
- Mu-Yi Liu, Tsung-Ting Tsai, Lih-Huei Chen, Wen-Huang Liang, Po-Liang Lai*, Ching-Lung Tai*, “Biomechanical Comparison of Lumbar Motion Unit Stability Following Posterior Instrumentation with Facet Spacers and Facet Screws”, Journal of Medical and Biological Engineering, 40, 220-229, 2020.
- Ming-Kai Hsieh, Mu-Yi Liu, Jin-Kai Chen, Tsung-Ting Tsai, Po-Liang Lai, Chi-Chien Niu, Ching-Lung Tai*, “Biomechanical study of the fixation stability of broken pedicle screws and subsequent strategies”, PLoS ONE, 14, e-219189, 2019.
- Tsung-Ting Tsai, Yu-Hung Chen, Chao-Yaug Liao, Hsin-Tzu Lin, Mu-Yi Liu, Jin-Kai Chen, Po-Liang Lai, Ching-Lung Tai*, “Biomechanical study of pedicle screw fixation strength: association of screw malposition and screw insertion torque”, Journal of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology, 19, 1940012, 2019.
- Mu-Yi Liu, Po-Liang Lai, Ching-Lung Tai*, “Biomechanical evaluation of low-modulus bone cement for enhancing applicability in vertebroplasty — an experimental study in porcine model”, Biomedical Engineering: Applications, Basis and Communications, 30, 1850002, 2018.
Hsing-Ho Chen Professor
Tissue Mechanics Laboratory
Jen-Fang Yu Associate Professor
TIO Lab :
TIO Lab is to study in Hearing science, Hearing prevention, Hearing aids, sound ecology. About the research contribution, please take a look at the publication. So far, we are working on Long-term care and Alzheimer's disease (AD). Also, TIO lab got several best paper awards in University-Industry Collaboration towards Small and Medium Enterprises consulting project, Acoustical Society of Taiwan, IXth Asian Pacific Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering, APCMBE.
- Chih-Hao Chiu, Yun-Wen Tong, Jen-Fang Yu, Kin-Fong Lei, Alvin Chao-Yu Chen, “Osteogenesis and Chondrogenesis of Primary Rabbit Periosteal Cells under Non-uniform 2-Axial Tensile Strain”. BioChip Journal. Nov. 2020, v14, Pages 438-446，DOI: 10.1007/s13206-020-4408-8. SCI, IF=3.494.
- Shao-Hsuan Lee, Jen-Fang Yu, Tuan-Jen Fang, Guo-She Lee, “Vocal fold nodules: A disorder of phonation organs or auditory feedback”. Clinical Otolaryngology. Nov. 2019, v44(6), Pages 975-982，DOI: 10.1111/coa.13417. SCI, IF=2.377.
- Jen-Fang Yu, Hsiang-Chi Hsien, Kun-Che Lee, Jimg-Hong Xiao, Hsiu-Hui Chiu, Hsiang-Hsi Hong, Yu-Fu Shen, Ying-Chin Peng, “Effect of mouth-opening levels on sound field gain in the ear canal”. Journal of The Acoustical Society of America, 2018, 143 (3), Pages: 1451–1457. DOI.org/10.1121/1.5026692. SCI, IF=1.819.
- Shao-Hsuan Lee,Tuan-Jen Fang, Jen-Fang Yu, and Guo-She Lee, 2017, “Responses of Middle-Frequency Modulations in Vocal Fundamental Frequency to Different Vocal Intensities and Auditory Feedback”. Journal of Voice, 2017, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 536–544. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2017.01.015. SCI, IF=1.453.
- Jen-Fang Yu, Kun-Che Lee, Hsiang-Hsi Hong, Song-Bor Kuo, Chung-De Wu, Yau-Yau Wai, Yi-Fen Chen, Ying-Chin Peng, “Human amygdala activation by the sound produced during dental treatment: A fMRI study”. Noise and Health 2015, 17:337-42, DOI: 10.4103/1463-1741.165063, SCI, IF=1.798.
- Kun-Che Lee, Jen-Fang Yu, Yi-Shin Lee, Guo-Jen Huang, Hsiao-Lung Chan, In-Tsang Lin, Jyh-Honrg Chen, “In Vivo Sodium MRI for Mouse Model of Ischemic Stroke at 7 T: Preliminary Results”. Journal of Medical and Biological Engineering, 2015, Volume 35, Issue 5, pp 643–650. doi:10.1017/S0022215115002480. SCI, IF=1.82
- Jen-Fang Yu, Kun-Che Lee, Ren-Hung Wang, Yen-Sheng Chen, Chun-Chieh Fan , Ying-Chin Peng, Tsung-Hsien Tu, Ching-I. Chen, Kuei-Yi Lin, 2015, “Anthropometry of external auditory canal by non-contactable measurement”. Applied Ergonomics, 2015, 50, 50-55. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apergo.2015.01.008. SCI, IF=2.610
- J-F YU, K-C LEE, Y-L WAN, Y-C PENG, “Curvature measurement of human bilateral cochleae”. The Journal of Laryngology & Otology, 2015 Nov;129(11):1085-90. doi: 10.1017/S0022215115002480 SCI, IF=1.261
- Shao-Hsuan Lee, Jen-Fang Yu, Yu-Hsiang Hsieh, Guo-She Lee, “Relationships Between Formant Frequencies of Sustained Vowels and Tongue Contours Measured by Ultrasonography”. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 2015, Volume 24, Issue 4, pp 739–749 DOI: 10.1044/2015_AJSLP-14-0063 SCI, IF=1.713
Yen-Heng Lin Associate Professor
Biomedical Optofluidics Lab :
Our Lab core technology is design and fabrication micro-devices for biomedical applications especial for rapid diseases diagnostics. Our mission is to develop a practical device for real usage. By collaborations with medical scientists, we are developing several rapid diagnostic platforms via different detection targets, including DNA, protein, and blood cell. Rapid PCR microfluidic system, micro droplet-based analysis platform, and microfluidics for protein biomarker detection are the main topics we study.
- Ding-Ping Chen, Chen Chen, Pei-Yu Wu, Yen-Heng Lin*, Wei-Tzu Lin, Yi-Liang Yan, Micro-Droplet Platform for Exploring the Mechanism of Mixed Field Agglutination in B3 subtype, Biosensors, August 2021, SCI, Impact Factor:5.519, Rank:25/72(65.97%)
- Yen-Heng Lin*, Ching-Hui Chang, Glass capillary assembled microfluidic three-dimensional hydrodynamic focusing device for fluorescent particle detection, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, April 2021, SCI, Impact Factor:2.489, Rank:12/34(66.176%)
- Yen-Heng Lin*, Chia-Chun Wu, Wei-Ting Su, Pei-Chi Tseng, Ya-Yu Hsueh, Yung-Chin Hsiao, Kai-Ping Chang, Jau-Song Yu*, Yun-Ju Chuang, Target peptide enrichment microfluidic chip for rapid detection of oral squamous cell carcinoma using stable isotope standards and capture by anti-peptide antibodies, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, November 2020, Vol. 322, 128607, SCI, Impact Factor:7.100, Rank:2/64(97.656%)
- Yen-Heng Lin*, Chih-Ching Wu, Wan-Ling Chen, Kai-Ping Chang, Anti-p53 autoantibody detection in automatic glass capillary immunoassay platform for screening of oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma, Sensors, February 2020, Vol. 20, 971, SCI, Impact Factor:3.275, Rank:15/64(77.344%)
- Yen-Heng Lin*, Heng-Yun Chang, Chia-Chun Wu, Chia-Wei Wu, Kai-Ping Chang, Jau-Song Yu*, BRAF protein immunoprecipitation, elution, and digestion from cell extract using a microfluidic mixer for mutant BRAF protein quantification by mass spectrometry, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, January 2019, Vol. 411, 1085–1094, SCI, Impact Factor:3.637, Rank:18/86(79.651%)
- Yen-Heng Lin*, Chih-Ching Wu, Yong-Sheng Peng, Chia-Wei Wu, Ya-Ting Chang, Kai-Ping Chang, Detection of anti-p53 autoantibodies in saliva using microfluidic chips for the rapid screening of oral cancer, RSC Advances, April 2018, Vol. 8, 15513–15521, SCI, Impact Factor:3.119, Rank:73/177(59.040%)
- Yen-Heng Lin*, Jing-Chao Wong, Yong-Sheng Peng, Characterization of the electrical properties of silicon nanowire using the dielectrophoretic assembling platform, International Journal of Electrochemical Science, August 2017, Vol. 12, 8651–8662, SCI, Impact Factor:1.573, Rank:22/27(20.370%)
- Yen-Heng Lin*, Wei-Siao Lin, Jing-Chao Wong, Wei-Chieh Hsu, Yong-Sheng Peng, Chien-Lun Chen, Bottom-up assembly of silicon nanowire conductometric sensors for the detection of apolipoprotein A1, a biomarker for bladder cancer, Microchim Acta, April 2017, Vol. 184, 2419–2428, SCI, Impact Factor:6.232, Rank:9/86(90.116%)
- Yen-Heng Lin*, I.-Chi Lee, Wei-Chieh Hsu, Ching-Hong Hsu, Kai-Ping Chang, Shao-Syuan Gao, Rapid fabrication method of a microneedle mold with controllable needle height and width, Biomedical Microdevices, August 2016, Vol. 18, 85, SCI, Impact Factor:2.176, Rank:54/87(38.506%)
- Yen-Heng Lin*, Chih-Pin Chu, Chen-Fu Lin, Hsin-Hao Liao, Hann-Huei Tsai, Ying-Zong Juang, Extended-gate field-effect transistor packed in micro channel for glucose, urea and protein biomarker detection, Biomedical Microdevices, November 2015, Vol. 17, 111, SCI, Impact Factor:2.176, Rank:54/87(38.506%)
Yi-Ping Chao Assistant Professor
Medical Image Processing & Computer Vision Laboratory
- Integrate parallel computing, cloud computing/storage, deep learning, and mixed/virtual/augmented reality in the field of brain science, clinical neuroscience and cognitive neuroscience for more understanding in brain functions, brain diseases and cognitive processing.
- Use machine learning and computer vision approaches to develop object detection, classification, segmentation for medical applications, such as computer-aided diagnosis, smart hospital and healthcare.
- Develop wearable devices and internet of medical things including data acquisition and analyses, APP design, cloud computing and applications.
- Yu Zhou, Xiaopeng Si, Yuanyuan Chen, Yiping Chao, Ching-Po Lin, Sicheng Li, Xingjian Zhang, Dong Ming, Qiang Li, “Hippocampus- and Thalamus-Related Fiber-Specific White Matter Reductions in Mild Cognitive Impairment ”, Cerebral Cortex, 2021 (IF: 5.357, Neurosciences, 68/273) (SCI)
- Chun-Hsiang Chuang, Shao-Wei Lu, Yi-Ping Chao, Po-Hsun Peng, Hao-Che Hsu, Cheng-Chieh Hung, Che-Lun Chang, Tzyy-Ping Jung, “Near-zero phase-lag hyperscanning in a novel wireless EEG system ”, Journal of Neural Engineering, 2021 (IF: 5.379, Neurosciences, 66/273) (SCI)
- Hei-Yin Hydra Ng, Changwei W. Wu, Feng-Ying Huang, Yu-ting Cheng, Shiao-Fei Guu, Chih-Mao Huang, Chia-Fen Hsu, Yi-Ping Chao, Tzyy-Ping Jung, Chun-Hsiang Chuang, “Mindfulness Training Associated With Resting-State Electroencephalograms Dynamics in Novice Practitioners via Mindful Breathing and Body-Scan ”, Frontiers in Psychology, 2021 (IF: 2.988, Psychology, Multidisciplinary, 43/140) (SCI)
- Xiaopeng Si, Xingjian Zhang, Yu Zhou, Yiping Chao, Siew-Na Lim, Yulin Sun, Shaoya Yin, Weipeng Jin, Xin Zhao, Qiang Li, “White matter structural connectivity as a biomarker for detecting juvenile myoclonic epilepsy by transferred deep convolutional neural networks with varying transfer rates ”, Journal of Neural Engineering, 2021 (IF: 5.379, Neurosciences, 66/273) (SCI)
- Yi-Ping Chao, Hai-Hua Chuang, Li-Jen Hsin, Chung-Jan Kang, Tuan-Jen Fang, Hsueh-Yu Li, Chung-Gei Huang, Terry B.J. Kuo, Cheryl C.H. Yang, Hsin-Yih Shyu, Shu-Ling Wang, Liang-Yu Shyu, Li-Ang Lee, “Using a 360° Virtual Reality or 2D Video to Learn History Taking and Physical Examination Skills for Undergraduate Medical Students: Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial ”, JMIR Serious Games, 2021 (IF: 2.226, Medical Informatics, 11/25) (SCI)
- Hai-Hua Chuang, Chi-Hung Liu, Chao-Yung Wang, Yu-Lun Lo, Guo-She Lee, Yi-Ping Chao, Hsueh-Yu Li, Terry B.J. Kuo, Cheryl C.H. Yang, Liang-Yu Shyu, Li-Ang Lee, “Snoring Sound Characteristics are Associated with Common Carotid Artery Profiles in Patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea ”, Nature and Science of Sleep, 2021 (IF: 5.346, Clinical Neurology, 40/208) (SCI)
- Allen Jong-Woei Whang, Yi-Yung Chen, Wei-Chieh Tseng, Chih-Hsien Tsai, Yi-Ping Chao, Chieh-Hung Yen, Chun-Hsiu Liu, Xin Zhang, “Pupil Size Prediction Techniques Based on Convolution Neural Network ”, Sensors, 2021 (IF: 3.576, Instruments & Instrumentation , 14/64) (SCI)
- Chia-Hsiung Cheng, Chiung-Chih Chang, Yi-Ping Chao, Hsinjie Lu, Shih-Wei Peng, Pei-Ning Wang, “Altered mismatch response precedes gray matter atrophy in subjective cognitive decline (SCD)”, Psychophysiology, 2021 (IF: 3.692, PSYCHOLOGY, 11/78) (SCI)
- Jhrng-Ru Chen, Yi-Ping Chao, Yu-Wei Tsai, Hsien-Jung Chan, Yung-Liang Wan, Dar-In Tai, Po-Hsiang Tsui, “Clinical Value of Information Entropy Compared with Deep Learning for Ultrasound Grading of Hepatic Steatosis”, Entropy, 22(9), 2020 (IF: 2.494) (SCI)(co-first author)
- Feng-Ying Huang1†, Ai-Ling Hsu2†, Yi-Ping Chao, Chloe Mu-Hsuan Shang, Jaw-Shiun Tsai, Changwei W. Wu, “Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy on Bereavement Grief: Alterations of Resting-state Network Connectivity Associates with Changes of Anxiety and Mindfulness”, Human Brain Mapping, 2020 (IF:4.554)(SCI)
- Yi-Ping Chao, Changwei W. Wu, Cheng-Hung Lai, Li-Jung Lin, Hong-Yi Wu, Ai-Ling Hsu, Chiao-Nan Chen, “Cognitive load of exercise influences cognition and neuroplasticity of healthy elderly: A pilot study of brain connectivity”, Journal of Medical and Biological Engineering, 40, 2020 (IF: 1.306) (SCI)
- Chih-Mao Huang, Robert Doole, Changwei Wesley Wu, Hsu-Wen Huang, Yi-Ping Chao*, “Culture-related and individual differences in regional brain volumes: A cross-cultural voxel-based morphometry study”, Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 2019, 10, September, 2019 (IF: 2.871) (SCI)
- Feng-Ying Huang, Ai-Ling Hsu, Li-Ming Hsu, Jaw-Shiun Tsai, Chih-Mao Huang, Yi-Ping Chao, Tzung-Jeng Hwang, Changwei W. Wu, “Mindfulness Improves Emotion Regulation and Executive Control on Bereaved Individuals: An fMRI Study”, Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 28 January, 2019 (IF: 2.871) (SCI)
- Shih-Yen Lin, Chen-Pei Lin, Tsung-Jen Hsieh, Chung-Fen Lin, Sih-Huei Chen, Yi-Ping Chao, Yong-Sheng Chen, Chih-Cheng Hsu and Li-Wei Kuo, “Multiparametric Graph Theoretical Analysis Reveals Altered Structural and Functional Network Topology in Alzheimer’s Disease”, Neuroimage: Clinical, Vol.22, 2019, 101680 (IF: 3.869)(SCI)
- Wei-Han Chang, Yu-Cheng Pei, Kuo-Chen Wei, Yi-Ping Chao, Mei-Hui Chen, Heng-An Yeh, Fu-Shan Jaw, Pin-Yuan Chen, “Intraoperative Linguistic Performance during Awake Brain Surgery Predicts Postoperative Linguistic Deficits”, Journal of Neuro-Oncology, Vol. 139, pp 215-223, 2018 (IF:3.060, Rank:78/197)(SCI)
- Li-Ang Lee, Shu-Ling Wang, Yi-Ping Chao, Ming-Shao Tsai, Ji-Jen Hsin, Chung-Jan Kang, Chia-Hsiang Fu, Wei-Chieh Chao, Chung-Guei Huang, Hseuh-Yu Li, Cheng-Keng Chuang, “Mobile Technology in E-Learning for Undergraduate Medical Education on Emergent Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Disorders: Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial”, JMIR Medical Education, Vol. 4(1):e8, 2018
- Li-Ang Lee, Yi-Ping Chao, Chung-Guei Huang, Ji-Tseng Fang, Shu-Ling Wang, Cheng-keng Chuang, Chung-Jan Kang, Ji-Jen Hsin, Wan-Ni Lin, Tuan-Jen Fang, Hsueh-Yu Li, “Cognitive Style and Mobile E-Learning in Emergent Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Disorders for Millennial Undergraduate Medical Students: Randomized Controlled Trial”, Journal of Medical Internet Research, Vol. 20(2), e56, Feb. 2018 (IF:5.175, Ranked #1 out of 22 journals)(SCI)
Hsiao-Lung Chan Professor
Biomedical Electronics and Signal Laboratory
- Virtual reality
Implement virtual reality (VR) technology on a rehabilitation training platform utilizing brain wave signals in response to visual feedback.
- Artificial intelligence and deep learning
Application of artificial intelligence (AI) to assist in system development such as in an automated sleep cycle staging system based on brainwave data and
gait features analysis system based on pressure signal on a plantar pressure distribution system.
- Embedded systems
Use relevant biomedical signal processing technology to establish various physiology indicators to realize the concept of translational medicine.
The scope includes electrocardiogram (ECG), respiration, electromyography (EMG), electroencephalogram (EEG), near-infrared light detection (NIRS),
gait analysis, dynamic recognition (motion), etc.
- Chia-Ying Fang, Angela Shin-Yu Lien, Jia-Ling Tsai, Hsiao-Chu Yang, Hsiao-Lung Chan, Rou-Shayn Chen, Ya-Ju Chang*, "The Effect and Dose-Response of Functional Electrical Stimulation Cycling Training on Spasticity in Individuals With Spinal Cord Injury: A Systematic Review With Meta-Analysis," Frontiers in Physiology, 2021.
- Hsiao-Lung Chan, Jen-Wen Hung*, Ku-Chuo Chang, Ching-Yi Wu*, "Myoelectric analysis of upper-extremity muscles during robot-assisted bilateral wrist flexion-extension in subjects with poststroke hemiplegia," Clinical Biomechanics, Vol. 87, 2021.
- Ming-An Lin, Ling-Fu Meng, Yuan Ouyang, Hsiao-Lung Chan*, Ya-Ju Chang*, Szi-Wen Chen, Jiunn-Woei Liaw, "Resistance-induced brain activity changes during cycle ergometer exercises," BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation, 13, 2021.
- Chang-Jing Huang, Hsiao-Lung Chan, Ya-Ju Chang, Shu-Mei Chen, Miao-Ju Hsu*, "Validity of the Polar V800 Monitor for Assessing Heart Rate Variability in Elderly Adults under Mental Stress and Dual Task Conditions," International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18, 2021.
- Jiunn-Woei Liaw, Rou-Shayn Chen, Vincent Chiun-Fan Chen, Yan-Ru Wang, Hsiao-Lung Chan*, Ya-Ju Chang*, "Evaluation of Anticipatory Postural Adjustment before Quantified Weight Shifting—System Development and Reliability Test," Applied Sciences, 11, 2021.
- Miao-Ju Hsu, Hsiao-Lung Chan, Ying-Zu Huang, Jau-Hong Lin, Heng-Hsiang Hsu, Ya-Ju Chang*, "Mechanism of Fatigue Induced by Different Cycling Paradigms With Equivalent Dosage," Frontiers in Physiology, 2020.
- Chiung-Chu Chen*, Chien-Hung Yeh, Hsiao-Lung Chan, Ya-Ju Chang, Po-Hsun Tu, Chih-Hua Yeh, Chin-Song Lu, Petra Fischer, Gerd Tinkhauser, Huiling Tan, Peter Brown, "Subthalamic nucleus oscillations correlate with vulnerability to freezing of gait in patients with Parkinson's disease," Neurobiology of Disease, 132, 2019.
- Ming-Hung Hsu, Shih-Chin Fang, Fu-Tai Wang, Hsiao-Lung Chan*, Hsiu-En Huang, Shu-Chen Yang, "Sleep apnea assessment using declination duration-based global metrics from unobtrusive fiber optic sensors," Physiological Measurement, 40, 2019.
- Fu-Tai Wang, Ming-Hung Hsu, Shih-Chin Fang, Li-Ling Chuang, Hsiao-Lung Chan*, "The Respiratory Fluctuation Index: A global metric of nasal airflow or thoracoabdominal wall movement time series to diagnose obstructive sleep apnea," Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, 49, 2019.
- Yu-Fen Chuang, Chih-Chung Chen, Miao-Ju Hsu, Nan-Jing Huang, Ying-Zu Huang, Hsiao-Lung Chan*, Ya-Ju Chang*, "Age related changes of the motor excitabilities and central and peripheral muscle strength," Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 44, 2019.
- Fu-Tai Wang, Hsiao-Lung Chan*, Ming-Hung Hsu, Cheng-Kuan Lin, Pei-Kuang Chao, Ya-Ju Chang*, "Threshold-based fall detection using a hybrid of tri-axial accelerometer and gyroscope," Physiological Measurement, 39, 2018.
- Yi-Tzu Chang, Hsiang-Yu Chen, Yuan-Chieh Huang, Wan-Yu Shih, Hsiao-Lung Chan, Ping-Yi Wu, Ling-Fu Meng*, Chen-chi Chen, Ching-I Wang, "Left centro-parieto-temporal response to tool–gesture incongruity: an ERP study," Behavioral and Brain Functions, 14, 2018.
Po-Hsiang Tsui Professor
Ultrasound Imaging Lab :
- Ultrasound backscattering analysis and modeling
- Ultrasound parametric imaging
- Ultrasound thermal imaging
- Ultrasound tissue characterization
- Point-of-care ultrasound
Ultrasound imaging is the first-line tool in clinical diagnosis. Thanks to advances in modern ultrasound systems, we utilize ultrasound RF signals to develop novel computational methods and parametric imaging techniques for improving clinical diagnoses of ultrasound. We also work on ultrasound temperature imaging as a potential solution in monitoring thermal ablation. Integration of the proposed algorithms/software with pocket-size ultrasound machines for a variety of medical applications is also our interest.
- Hsien-Jung Chan, Zhuhuang Zhou, Jui Fang, Dar-In Tai, Jeng-Hwei Tseng, Ming-Wei Lai, Bao-Yu Hsieh, Tadashi Yamaguchi, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Ultrasound Sample Entropy Imaging: A New Approach for Evaluating Hepatic Steatosis and Fibrosis," IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine, 2021, 9. (SCI)
- Chia-Wei Lin, Po-Hsiang Tsui, Chun-Hao Lu, Yi-Hsuan Hung, Meng-Ru Tsai, Jeng-Yi Shieh, Wen-Chin Weng, "Quantifying Lower Limb Muscle Stiffness as Ambulation Function Declines in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy with Acoustic Radiation Force Impulse Shear Wave Elastography," Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology, 2021, 47. (SCI)
- Yu-Wei Tsai, Zhuhuang Zhou, Cihun-Siyong Alex Gong, Dar-In Tai, Anca Cristea, Yu-Ching Lin, Ya-Chun Tang, Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Ultrasound Detection of Liver Fibrosis in Individuals with Hepatic Steatosis Using the Homodyned K Distribution," Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology, 2021, 47. (SCI)
- Ai-Ho Liao, Jheng Ru Chen, Shi-Hong Liu, Chun-Hao Lu, Chia-Wei Lin, Jeng-Yi Shieh, Wen-Chin Weng, Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Deep Learning of Ultrasound Imaging for Evaluating Ambulatory Function of Individuals with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy," Diagnostics, 2021, 11. (SCI)
- Yusuke Sato, Kazuki Tamura, Shohei Mori, Dar-In Tai, Po-Hsiang Tsui, Kenji Yoshida, Shinnosuke Hirata, Hitoshi Maruyama, Tadashi Yamaguchi, "Fatty liver evaluation with double-Nakagami model under low-resolution conditions," Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 2021, 60. (SCI)
- Tu-Yung Chang, Shu-Hung Chang, Ying-Hsiu Lin, Wen-Chao Hao, Chiao-Yin Wang, Wen-Juei Jeng, Yung-Liang Wan, Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Utility of quantitative ultrasound in community screening for hepatic steatosis," Ultrasonics, 2021, 111. (SCI)
- Zhuhuang Zhou, Anna Gao, Weiwei Wu, Dar-In Tai, Jeng-Hwei Tseng, Shuicai Wu*, Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Parameter estimation of the homodyned K distribution based on an artificial neural network for ultrasound tissue characterization," Ultrasonics, 2021, 111. (SCI)
- Yan Zeng, Po-Hsiang Tsui, Weiwei Wu, Zhuhuang Zhou, Shuicai Wu, "Fetal Ultrasound Image Segmentation for Automatic Head Circumference Biometry Using Deeply Supervised Attention-Gated V-Net," Journal of Digital Imaging, 2021, 34. (SCI)
- Yao-Hung Chuang, Chiao-Shan Hsieh, Ming-Wei Lai, Chien-Chang Chen, Hsun-Chin Chao, Hung-Yu Yeh, Hung-Hsiang Lai, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Detection of pediatric hepatic steatosis through ultrasound backscattering analysis," European Radiology, 2020, 10. (SCI, doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-020-07391-7)
- Jheng-Ru Chen, Yi-Ping Chao, Yu-Wei Tsai, Hsien-Jung Chan, Yung-Liang Wan, Dar-In Tai, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, " Clinical value of information entropy compared with deep learning for ultrasound grading of hepatic steatosis," Entropy, Vol. 22, No. 9, article ID 1006, 2020, 9. (SCI)
- Feng Fang, Jui Fang, Qiang Li, Dar-In Tai, Yung-Liang Wan, Kazuki Tamura, Tadashi Yamaguchi, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, " Ultrasound assessment of hepatic steatosis by using the double Nakagami distribution: a feasibility study" Diagnostics, Vol. 10, No. 8, article ID 557, 2020, 8. (SCI)
- Dong Yan, Qiang Li, Chia-Wei Lin, Jeng-Yi Shieh, Wen-Chin Weng, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Clinical evaluation of Duchenne muscular dystrophy severity using ultrasound small-window entropy imaging," Entropy, Vol. 22, No. 7, article ID 715, 2020, 6. (SCI)
- Kun Yang, Qiang Li, Hao-Li Liu, Chin-Kuo Chen, Cheng-Wei Huang, Jheng-Ru Chen, Yu-Wei Tsai, Zhuhuang Zhou, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Frequency-domain CBE imaging for ultrasound localization of the HIFU focal spot: a feasibility study," Scientific Reports, Vol. 10, article ID 5468, 2020, 3. (SCI)
- Zhuhuang Zhou, Anna Gao, Qiyu Zhang, Weiwei Wu, Shuicai Wu, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Ultrasound backscatter envelope statistics parametric imaging for liver fibrosis characterization: a review," Ultrasonic Imaging, Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 92-109, 2020, 2. (SCI)
- Zhuhuang Zhou, Jui Fang, Anca Cristea, Ying-Hsiu Lin, Yu-Wei Tsai, Yung-Liang Wan, Kee-Min Yeow, Ming-Chih Ho, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Value of homodyned K distribution in ultrasound parametric imaging of hepatic steatosis: an animal study," Ultrasonics, Vol. 101, article ID 106001, 2020, 2. (SCI)
- Ya-Lun Lee, Sung-Yu Chu, Yen-Ling Huang, Wen-Hui Chan, Ming-Huei Cheng, Ying-Hsiu Lin, Tu-Yung Chang, Chih-Kuang Yeh, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Characterization of limb lymphedema using the statistical analysis of ultrasound backscattering," Quantitative Imaging in Medicine and Surgery, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 48-56, 2020, 1. (SCI)
- Zhuhuang Zhou, Qiyu Zhang, Weiwei Wu, Ying-Hsiu Lin, Dar-In Tai, Jeng-Hwei Tseng, Yi-Ru Lin, Shuicai Wu, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Hepatic steatosis assessment using ultrasound homodyned-K parametric imaging: the effects of estimators," Quantitative Imaging in Medicine and Surgery, Vol. 9, No. 12, pp. 1932-1947, 2019, 12. (SCI)
- Yali Ouyang, Po-Hsiang Tsui (equally first author), Shuicai Wu, Weiwei Wu, and Zhuhuang Zhou, "Classification of benign and malignant breast tumors using H-scan ultrasound imaging," Diagnostics, Vol. 9, No. 4, article ID 182, 2019, 11. (SCI)
- Tse-Hwa Hsu, Po-Hsiang Tsui, Wan-Ting Yu, Shiu-Feng Huang, Jennifer Tai, Yung-Liang Wan, and Dar-In Tai, "Cutoff values of acoustic radiation force impulse two-location measurements in different etiologies of liver fibrosis," Journal of Medical Ultrasound, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 130-134, 2019, 5.
- Ying-Hsiu Lin, Yung-Liang Wan, Dar-In Tai, Jeng-Hwei Tseng, Chiao-Yin Wang, Yu-Wei Tsai, Yi-Ru Lin, Tu-Yung Chang, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, “Considerations of ultrasound scanning approaches in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease assessment through acoustic structure quantification,” Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, Vol. 45, No. 8, pp. 1955-1969, 2019, 5. (SCI)
- Yin-Yin Liao, Chih-Kuang Yeh, Kuo-Chin Huang, Po-Hsiang Tsui, and Kuen-Cheh Yang, “Metabolic characteristics of a novel ultrasound quantitative diagnostic index for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease,” Scientific Reports, Vol. 9, article ID 7922, 2019, 5. (SCI)
- Cheng-Jen Chen, Pei-Kwei Tsay, Shiu-Feng Huang, Po-Hsiang Tsui, Wan-Ting Yu, Tse-Hwa Hsu, Jennifer Tai, and Dar-In Tai, "Effects of hepatic steatosis on non-Invasive liver fibrosis measurements between hepatitis B and other etiologies," Applied Sciences-Basel, Vol. 9, No. 9, article ID 1961, 2019, 5. (SCI)
- Kuen Cheh Yang, Yin-Yin Liao, Po-Hsiang Tsui, Chih-Kuang Yeh, "Ultrasound imaging in nonalcoholic liver disease: current applications and future developments," Quantitative Imaging in Medicine and Surgery, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 546-551, 2019, 4. (SCI)
- Wen-Chin Weng, Chia-Wei Lin, Hui-Chung Shen, Chien-Cheng Chang, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, “Instantaneous frequency as a new approach for evaluating the clinical severity of Duchenne muscular dystrophy through ultrasound imaging,” Ultrasonics, Vol. 94, pp. 235-241, 2019, 4. (SCI)
- Yali Ouyang, Zhuhuang Zhou, Weiwei Wu, Jin Tian, Feng Xu, Shuicai Wu, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "A review of ultrasound detection methods for breast microcalcification," Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 1761-1785, 2019, 3. (SCI)
- Zhuhuang Zhou, Yue Wang, Shuang Song, Weiwei Wu, Shuicai Wu, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Monitoring microwave ablation using ultrasound echo decorrelation imaging: an ex vivo study," Sensors, Vol. 19, No. 4, article ID 977, 2019, 2. (SCI)
- Zhuhuang Zhou, Qiyu Zhang, Weiwei Wu, Shuicai Wu, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Hepatic steatosis assessment using quantitative ultrasound parametric imaging based on backscatter envelope statistics," Applied Sciences-Basel, Vol. 9, No. 4, article ID 661, 2019, 2. (SCI)
- Ying-Hsiu Lin, Yin-Yin Liao, Chih-Kuang Yeh, Kuen-Cheh Yang, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Ultrasound entropy imaging of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: association with metabolic syndrome," Entropy, Vol. 20, No. 12, article ID 893, 2018, 11. (SCI)
- Lin Zhang, Qiang Li, Chiao-Yin Wang, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Ultrasound single-phase CBE imaging for monitoring radiofrequency ablation," International Journal of Hyperthermia, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 548-558, 2018, 10. (SCI)
- Rui Zhang, Zhuhuang Zhou, Weiwei Wu, Chung-Chih Lin, Po-Hsiang Tsui, and Shuicai Wu," An improved fuzzy connectedness method for automatic three-dimensional liver vessel segmentation in CT images," Journal of Healthcare Engineering, Vol. 2018, article ID 2376317, 2018, 10. (SCI)
- Zhuhuang Zhou, Dar-In Tai, Yung-Liang Wan, Jeng-Hwei Tseng, Yi-Ru Lin, Shuicai Wu, Kuen-Cheh Yang, Yin-Yin Liao, Chih-Kuang Yeh, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, “Hepatic steatosis assessment with ultrasound small-window entropy imaging,” Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, Vol. 44, No. 7, pp. 1327-1340, 2018, 4. (SCI)
- Zhuhuang Zhou, Shuicai Wu, Man-Yen Lin, Jui Fang, Hao-Li Liu, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, “Three-dimensional visualization of ultrasound backscatter statistics by window-modulated compounding Nakagami imaging,” Ultrasonic Imaging, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 171-189, 2018, 3. (SCI)
- Jui Fang, Zhuhuang Zhou, Ning-Fang Chang, Yung-Liang Wan, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, "Ultrasound parametric imaging of hepatic steatosis using the homodyned-K distribution: an animal study," Ultrasonics, Vol. 87, pp. 91-102, 2018, 2. (SCI)
- Jui Fang, Ning-Fang Chang, and Po-Hsiang Tsui*, Performance evaluations on using entropy of ultrasound log-compressed envelope images for hepatic steatosis assessment: an in vivo animal study,” Entropy, Vol. 20, No. 2, article ID 120, 2018, 2. (SCI)
Meng-Tsan Tsai Associate Professor
Optical Imaging Lab :
My research interest centers on development of cutting-edge and translational biophotonics technologies that interface and bridge basic engineering research, medical diagnosis and intervention. My research and training involves vertical integration of multiple disciplines, including optics, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering and clinical medicine. The ultimate goal of my research is to transform my capability of disease detection at early, manageable stages, monitoring therapeutic effects and treatment outcomes. The technologies also offer new opportunities for basic researches in exploring new frontiers of disease mechanisms, imaging-guided diagnoses and therapy. Some specific research interests include:
- Optical coherence tomography
- Laser speckle contrast imaging
- Fluorescence microscopy
- Laser therapy and laser-induced drug delivery
- Meng-Tsan Tsai, Ying-Sui Sun, Murugan Keerthi, Asit Kumar Panda, Udesh Dhawan*, Yung-Hsiang Chang, Ching-Fang Lai, Michael Hsiao, Huey-Yuan Wang*, Ren-Jei Chung*, “Oral Cancer Theranostic Application of FeAu Bimetallic Nanoparticles Conjugated with MMP-1 Antibody,” Nanomaterials, 12(1), 61 (2022).
- Udesh Dhawan, Ching-Li Tseng, Huey-Yuan Wang, Shin-Yun Hsu, Meng-Tsan Tsai, Ren-Jei Chung*, “Assessing Suitability of Co@Au Core/Shell Nanoparticle Geometry for Improved Theranostics in Colon Carcinoma,” Nanomaterials, 11(8), 2048 (2021).
- Daisuke Oida, Kiriko Tomita, Kensuke Oikawa, Tai-Ang Wang, Shuici Makita, Meng-Tsan Tsai, Yoshiaki Yasuno, “Computational multi-directional optical coherence tomography for visualizing the microstructural directionality of the tissue,” Biomedical Optics Express, 12(7), 3851-3864 (2021).
- Ting-Yen Tsai, Ting-Hao Chen, Hsin-Chien Chen, Chuan-Bor Chueh, Yin-Peng Huang, Yi-Ping Hung, Meng-Tsan Tsai, Bernhard Baumann, Chih-Hung Wang, Hsiang-Chieh Lee, “Quantitative spectroscopic comparison of the optical properties of mouse cochlea microstructures using optical coherence tomography at 1.06 µm and 1.3 µm wavelengths,” Biomedical Optics Express, 12(4), 2339-2352(2021).
- Ting-Hao Chen, Yi-Chun Wu, Ting-Yen Tsai, Chuan-Bor Chueh, Bo-Huei Huang, Yin-Peng Huang, Meng-Tsan Tsai, Yoshiaki Yasuno, and Hsiang-Chieh Lee, “Effect of A-scan rate and interscan interval on optical coherence angiography,” Biomedical Optics Express, 12(2), 722-736 (2021).
- Yin-Peng Huang, Ting-Yen Tsai, Ting-Hao Chen, Chuan-Bor Chueh, You-Nan Tsai, Yu-Wei Chang, Yi-Chung Wu, Hung-Wen Chen, Meng-Tsan Tsai, Yi-Ping Hung, and Hsiang-Chieh Lee, “A generic framework for Fourier-domain optical coherence tomography imaging: software architecture and hardware implementations,” IEEE Access 8, 191726-191736 (2020).
- Cheng-Yu Lee, Bo-Huei Huang, Wen-Ju Chen, Jui-Yun Yi, and Meng-Tsan Tsai*, “Microscope-type laser speckle contrast imaging for in vivo assessment of microcirculation,” OSA Continuum (2020).
- Meng-Tsan Tsai, Bo-Huei Huang, and Kin-Fong Lei*, “Quantitative Monitoring of the Response of Tumor Spheroids Cultured in 3D Environment by Optical Coherence Tomography,” IEEE Access 8(1), 28360-28366 (2020).
- Meng-Tsan Tsai, Wen-Ju Chen, Ting-Yen Tsai, Hsiang-Chieh Lee, Chun-Chieh Wang, and Ya-Ju Lee, “Optical coherence tomography/angiography-guided tumor ablation with a continuous-wave laser diode,” IEEE ACCESS 8, 43191-43199 (2020).
- Meng-Tsan Tsai, Yen-Li Wang*, Ting-Wei Yeh, Hsiang-Chieh Lee, Wen-Ju Chen, Jia-Ling Ke, and Ya-Ju Lee*, “Early detection of enamel demineralization by optical coherence tomography,” Scientific Reports 9, 17154 (2019).
- Tai-Ang Wang, Ming-Che Chan, Hsiang-Chieh Lee, Cheng-Yu Lee, and Meng-Tsan Tsai*, “Ultrahigh-resolution optical coherence tomography/angiography with an economic and compact supercontinuum laser,” Biomedical Optics Express 10(11), 5687-5702 (2019).
- Meng-Tsan Tsai, Bo-Huei Huang, Chun-Chih Yeh, Kin Fong Lei *, Ngan-Ming Tsang *, “Non-invasive Quantification of the Growth of Cancer Cell Colonies by a Portable Optical Coherence Tomography,” Micromachines 10, 35 (2019).
- Meng-Tsan Tsai, Jia-Wei Zhang, Kuo-Chen Wei, Chih-Kuang Yeh, and Hao-Li Liu, “Assessment of temporary cerebral effects induced by focused ultrasound with optical coherence tomography angiography,” Biomedical Optics Express 9(2), 507-517 (2018). (IF: 3.337).
- Ya-Ju Lee, Chun-Yang Chou, Zu-Po Yang, Thi Bich Hanh Nguyen, Yung-Chi Yao, Ting-Wei Yeh, Meng-Tsan Tsai*, and Hao-Chun Kuo, “Flexible random lasers with tunable lasing emissions,” Nanoscale 10, 10403-10411 (2018). DOI: 10.1039/c8nr00229k
- Jinhan Li, Yueme Luo, Xianghong Wang, Nanshuo Wang, En Bo, Si Chen, Shufen Chen, Shi Chen, Meng-Tsan Tsai, and Linbo Liu, “Extending the depth of focus of fiber-optic optical coherence tomography using a chromatic dual-focus design,” Applied Optics, 57, 6040-6046 (2018)
- Wen-Ju Chen, Yao-Yu Chang, Su-Chin Shen, Yua-Lan Tzeng, Hsiang-Chieh Lee, Chih-Hsun Yang, and Meng-Tsan Tsai*, “In vivo detection of UV-induced acute skin effects using optical coherence tomography,” Biomedical Optics Express 9(9), 4235-4245 (2018). (IF: 3.337)
- Ya-Ju Lee, Ting-Wei Yeh, Zu-Po Yang, Yung-Chi Yao, Chen-Yu Chang, Meng-Tsan Tsai* and Jinn-Kong Sheu, “A curvature-tunable random laser,” Nanoscale 11, 3534-3545 (2018)
Jui-Yang Lai Professor
Functional Biomaterial Lab
Dr. Lai’s primary research activities are centered on the design and development of functional biomaterials, either from natural or synthetic sources, for ophthalmic use, particularly on tissue engineering, drug delivery, and nanomedicine. His major research projects involve ocular biocompatibility assessment, corneal/retinal cell construct fabrication, topical/intraocular pharmaceutical dosage formulation, and metallic/carbon-based nanotherapeutics evaluation.
- Luo LJ, Nguyen DD, Huang CC, Lai JY. Therapeutic hydrogel sheets programmed with multistage drug delivery for effective treatment of corneal abrasion. Chemical Engineering Journal 2022;429:132409.
- Nguyen DD, Luo LJ, Lai JY. Thermogels containing sulfated hyaluronan as novel topical therapeutics for treatment of ocular surface inflammation. Materials Today Bio 2022;13:100183.
- Ma DHK, Hsueh YJ, Mai KSK, Tsai YJ, Huang SF, Chen HC, Sun CC, Kuo MT, Chao AS, Lai JY. Long-term survival of cultivated oral mucosal epithelial cells in human cornea: generating cell sheets using an animal product-free culture protocol. Stem Cell Research & Theraphy 2021;12:524.
- Hsueh YJ, Meir YJJ, Lai JY, Huang CC, Lu TT, Ma DHK, Cheng CM, Wu WC, Chen HC. Ascorbic acid ameliorates corneal endothelial dysfunction and enhances cell proliferation via the noncanonical GLUT1-ERK axis. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 2021;144:112306.
- Luo LJ, Jian HJ, Harroun SG, Lai JY, Unnikrishnan B, Huang CC. Targeting nanocomposites with anti-oxidative/inflammatory/angiogenic activities for synergistically alleviating macular degeneration. Applied Materials Today 2021;24:101156.
- Nguyen DD, Lue SJ, Lai JY. Tailoring therapeutic properties of silver nanoparticles for effective bacterial keratitis treatment. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2021;205:111856.
- Lin HY, Wang SW, Mao JY, Chang HT, Harroun SG, Lin HJ, Huang CC, Lai JY. Carbonized nanogels for simultaneous antibacterial and antioxidant treatment of bacterial keratitis. Chemical Engineering Journal 2021;411:128469.
- Nguyen DD, Luo LJ, Lai JY. Toward understanding the purely geometric effects of silver nanoparticles on potential application as ocular therapeutics via treatment of bacterial keratitis. Materials Science and Engineering: C 2021;119:111497.
- Luo LJ, Nguyen DD, Lai JY. Harnessing the tunable cavity of nanoceria for enhancing Y-27632-mediated alleviation of ocular hypertension. Theranostics 2021;11:5447-5463.
- Lai JY, Luo LJ, Nguyen DD. Multifunctional glutathione-dependent hydrogel eye drops with enhanced drug bioavailability for glaucoma therapy. Chemical Engineering Journal 2020;402:126190.
- Luo LJ, Nguyen DD, Lai JY. Long-acting mucoadhesive thermogels for improving topical treatments of dry eye disease. Materials Science and Engineering: C 2020;115:111095.
- Nguyen DD, Luo LJ, Lai JY. Effects of shell thickness of hollow poly(lactic acid) nanoparticles on sustained drug delivery for pharmacological treatment of glaucoma. Acta Biomaterialia 2020;111:302-315.
- Hsueh YJ, Meir YJJ, Lai JY, Chen HC, Ma DHK, Huang CC, Lu TT, Cheng CM, Wu WC. Lysophosphatidic acid improves corneal endothelial density in tissue culture by stimulating stromal secretion of interleukin-1β. Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine 2020;24:6596-6608.
- Luo LJ, Nguyen DD, Lai JY. Dually functional hollow ceria nanoparticle platform for intraocular drug delivery: A push beyond the limits of static and dynamic ocular barriers toward glaucoma therapy. Biomaterials 2020;243:119961.
- Nguyen DD, Luo LJ, Lue SJ, Lai JY. The role of aromatic ring number in phenolic compound-conjugated chitosan injectables for sustained therapeutic antiglaucoma efficacy. Carbohydrate Polymers 2020;231:115770.
- Luo LJ, Nguyen DD, Lai JY. Benzoic acid derivative-modified chitosan-g-poly(N-isopropylacrylamide): Methoxylation effects and pharmacological treatments of Glaucoma-related neurodegeneration. Journal of Controlled Release 2020;317:246-258.
- Nguyen DD, Luo LJ, Lai JY. Dendritic effects of injectable biodegradable thermogels on pharmacotherapy of inflammatory glaucoma-associated degradation of extracellular matrix. Advanced Healthcare Materials 2019;8:e1900702.
- Li YJ, Luo LJ, Harroun SG, Wei SC, Unnikrishnan B, Chang HT, Huang YF, Lai JY, Huang CC. Synergistically dual-functional nano eye-drops for simultaneous anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative treatment of dry eye disease. Nanoscale 2019;11:5580-5594.
- Luo LJ, Lin TY, Yao CH, Kuo PY, Matsusaki M, Harroun SG, Huang CC, Lai JY. Dual-functional gelatin-capped silver nanoparticles for antibacterial and antiangiogenic treatment of bacterial keratitis. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 2019;536:112-126.
- Luo LJ, Huang CC, Chen HC, Lai JY, Matsusaki M. Effect of deacetylation degree on controlled pilocarpine release from injectable chitosan-g-poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) carriers. Carbohydrate Polymers 2018;197:375-384.
- Hsu CL, Li YJ, Jian HJ, Harroun SG, Wei SC, Ravindranath R, Lai JY, Huang CC, Chang HT. Green synthesis of catalytic gold/bismuth oxyiodide nanocomposites with oxygen vacancies for treatment of bacterial infections. Nanoscale 2018;10:11808-11819.
- Luo LJ, Lai JY, Chou SF, Hsueh YJ, Ma DHK. Development of gelatin/ascorbic acid cryogels for potential use in corneal stromal tissue engineering. Acta Biomaterialia 2018;65:123-136.
Hsieh-Fu Tsai Assistant Professor
Artificial Intelligence Microfluidics Integration Laboratory :
- Deep learning for PhC data automation
Focus more on application of machine learning techniques using brightfield microscopy images
- Integrated microfluidic platform for organ-on-chip applications
Design, simulate, and fabricate new heteregenoeus microfluidics platform to study various topics surrounding biochemistry, microorganisms, and cells.